Graduation Advising

Seniors must submit a graduation application a full semester before graduation: mid-September for May graduation, early February for December graduation.

Exact dates are listed in the registrar's calendar. Begin the process by scheduling a meeting with your School of Communication faculty adviser to check your records.

When you visit with your adviser, bring the paperwork described below. (With all of the reports available online today, some advisers may not insist on having printed copies. However, having printed copies and filled-out forms will make your advising session go faster.)

  • First, download the reports and forms.
  • Use information from the reports to fill out the forms.
  • Then bring the whole package to your adviser for review and his or her signature.

Obtaining the reports

The reports can be downloaded from the OneCampus portal.

  • DegreeWorks Audit
  • Transcript (You DO NOT need an “official copy” of your transcript from the registrar;  just print the one available on the portal)
  • Transfer course info (if you transferred courses to Radford University)

Obtaining the forms

  • Download the graduation application from the College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences Advising Center
  • Your major concentration's Academic Progress checksheet for your catalog year (usually the year you started at Radford University)
  • Your General Education or "Core" checksheet for your catalog year (usually the year you started at Radford University)
  • ONLY needed if you will still have courses to complete after April: Declaration of Intent to Participate in Commencement Ceremony (DOC). For instance, you need this form if you have a summer internship to complete, or if you withdraw from a course during your senior year and plan to make up the credit during Maymester or a summer session.

If your situation changes after filing the papers -- for instance, if you withdraw from a course and need to file a Declaration of Intent to Participate form, contact your adviser or the School of Communication office.