Financial Aid Forms

For all Financial Aid forms please make sure that you are using our preferred browser of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

Please use the "Financial Aid Send Secure" button below to safely & securely send sensitive documents to Radford University Financial Aid.

Note: Some forms require a hand written signature(s) to be considered complete. Forms submitted with typed signatures will not be accepted and will require you to resubmit the form.


Application Forms: FAFSA, Summer Financial Aid, & Virginia Transfer Grant App.

Dual Enrollment Forms: Intent to enroll, Transfer credit approval, class withdrawal, consortium agreement, enrollment verification.

General Forms: Satisfactory Progress Appeals, Change of hours, Student deposit waiver, Non-degree seeking, Proof of aid cancelled.

Federal Direct loan Forms: Master promissory Note, Loan Entrance/Exit Counseling, Additional Loan Request, Parent PLUS loans.

Federal Teach Grant Forms: TEACH grant Application.

Private Student Loan Forms: Private Loan information sheet, Private loan self-certification for lender.

Special Circumstance Forms: Initial request review, Projected income, Cost of attendance / Budget increase, Computer cost addition.

Study Abroad Forms: Application form for financial aid for study abroad.

Verification Forms: Asset & Investment info, Family member listing, Low income, Non-filer Student / Parent, Education purpose statement, Parent refusal to complete FAFSA, etc.


Application Form

These forms are to be submitted by students that are requesting their financial aid offer be reviewed for credit hours being attempted at Radford University and another institution.

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Radford University reviews a student’s completed and accepted FAFSA to determine eligibility for federal and state financial aid. The 2023-2024 academic year FAFSA is available as of October 1st.  Radford University’s priority FAFSA deadline is February 1st.

Virginia Transfer Grant Application
Students who are transferring to Radford University with their Associate's degree from a Virginia Community College may be eligible to receive the Virginia Transfer Grant.  In order to be considered for this award, students must complete the Virginia Transfer Grant Application and submit a copy of their final transcripts showing they have received their Associate's degree from a Virginia Community College.  Students must meet all criteria listed on the application in order to be considered.  The application for transfer grant will not be reviewed until after the school's semester census date.   

Dual Enrollment Forms

Learn more about the dual enrollment request process and priority deadlines for request forms.

Consortium Agreement Request
This form is to be used by students who wish to have the hours that they are taking at another institution counted with their Radford University hours for purposes of financial aid eligibility.  Students who take courses at another institution and have the credit transferred back to Radford University must have this form completed by their advisor.

Withdrawal from College Class(es) (pdf)
This form is used for dually enrolled students who wish to withdraw from a class(es) that they are taking at another institution through a dual enrollment program.


General Forms

Accepting Your Awards
Detailed instructions on how to accept your financial aid awards in OneCampus.

Bookstore Voucher Request
Is available prior to the start of each semester after e-bills are sent and through noon on Friday the first week of class - Log into your OneCampus and click on the Finances, and follow the link for the Bookstore Voucher Request.


General Forms

Adjustment / Change of Hours
Use this form if hours are changed for any reason. This form is necessary in order to adjust financial aid to fit new hours. You must put all hours of enrollment on this form.  Failure to complete this form could result in loss of financial aid.

New Student Deposit Waiver Application
New student: If you want to discuss the availability of a tuition/room deposit please contact the Office of Admissions – or 540-831-5417 for additional information.

Returning student: Returning students should contact the Office of Residential Life to discuss the room deposit process.

Non-degree - Teacher Certification Approval Form (PDF)
Students who are seeking only their initial teacher licensure can request a special review of their account to see if they could be eligible for financial aid.

Non-degree - Prerequisites Approval Form (PDF)
Students who are completing prerequisites for a degree program can request a special review of their account to see if they could be eligible for financial aid.

Proof of Aid Cancelled Form(PDF)
Students who are returning or transfer students to RU and have had financial aid at another institution in a previous semester should have this form completed by the previous institution.

Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form
Use this form if you wish to appeal your denial of financial aid, please include the requested letter as well as any supporting documentation to be reviewed.


Federal Direct Loan Forms


These forms should be submitted by new student borrowers or have been requested to complete by the financial aid office.

Federal Direct Student Loan Forms

These forms should be submitted by new student borrowers or have been requested to complete by the financial aid office.

Federal Direct Loan Master Promissory Note
All students that accept the Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized loans that are offered as a part of the Financial Aid package must complete a Master Promissory Note. This is most easily completed online at; please contact the office to request a paper form.

Federal Direct Student Loan Entrance Counseling
All first time borrowers and any students who have changed schools must complete a new entrance interview. This is most easily completed online at

Additional Direct Loan Request Form
This form should be submitted by the student when they wish to request additional loan funds that they had previously declined. This form should also be submitted by students whose parents have received a Parent PLUS denial.

Federal Student Loan Exit Counseling
All students that are no longer enrolled at least half time, are graduating, or who have withdrawn from Radford are required to complete Exit Counseling.  This is most easily completed online at

Federal Direct Parent Plus Forms

Federal Direct PLUS Loan Request – Online Request
All parents wanting to apply for a Parent PLUS Loan are recommended to go online and apply at It is recommended that this request not be completed more than 90 days prior to the start of the school year.

Federal Direct PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note
Once your PLUS loan application has been approved you will need to go online to and complete the PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note; paper forms are available upon request through the Dept of Education.



Federal Teach Grant Forms

TEACH Grant Application
For student's who wish to have their eligibility reviewed for the Federal TEACH program.  Due to the specific award requirements we recommend you carefully read all the TEACH Grant program information prior to submitting your application.


Private Student Loan Forms

These forms should only be submitted if you have already completed an online Private Student Loan application with a lender.

Private Loan Financial Aid Information Sheet (PDF)
Must be submitted by all students who do not submit a FAFSA but are applying for an Alternative/Private Education loan)

Private Loan Self Certification Form (PDF)
This form will be requested by your lender and should be submitted directly to them.


Special Circumstance Request Forms


Please note the cutoff date for submitting and having any special circumstance processed for Fall 2024 will be October 1, 2024 and for Spring 2024 will be March 1, 2025.

2024-2025 Special Circumstance

2024-2025 Special Circumstance Inquiry Form (Qualtrics Form)
The student will be required to sign-in to OneCampus to submit the request. 

Submit the inquiry form if a student wishes to have his/her file reviewed in order to include a significant change in the family situation not reflected on the FAFSA.

A financial aid team member will reach out regarding additional information required to complete the special circumstance review. 

2024-2025 Projected Year Income Form
This form is used in conjunction with the Special circumstances Request form.  This form is to be used to show the change in income for the 2024 year. This form will be available after June 30, 2024.

2024-2025 Cost of Attendance/Budget Increase Request
(Qualtrics Form)

This form is used if a student wishes to have his/her file reviewed in order to show a significant need to increase the Cost of Attendance Budget that has been set.  This request will only allow us to review to increase your budget to allow room for additional loans and will not increase your grant eligibility. 

Request to Add Computer Cost (Qualtrics Form)
Complete this form if you wish to increase your financial aid budget to include the cost of a computer.


Verification Forms

The federal government requires some students to verify the information reported on their FAFSA. Colleges are responsible for performing this verification and must do so before federal funds can be disbursed. Verification requirements apply to the following federal programs: Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), Federal Work Study (FWS) and Federal Direct Loans. Verification is also required for state and other need based aid programs.

Understanding Proof of Parent Marital Status

Often many dependent students that need to submit proof of their parent’s marital status for Verification of their FAFSA have questions as to what documentation is needed. Below we have listed the documentation needed to prove marital status for all official statuses listed on the FAFSA:

If your parents are married, or have been remarried please submit:

        A copy of their marriage certificate OR a direct email or letter from a parent to our office stating their status and the date they were married

If your parents are divorced or separated, then please submit:

        A copy of your parents divorce decree with all signatures including the judges OR a letter from a lawyer confirming their status OR two signed and dated letters from friends of the family confirming their status, the date of separation, and no intent of reconciliation. 

        A signed letter from an authority figure (EX: a religious official, work supervisor, family therapist, counselor, ETC.) confirming their status, date of separation, and that there is no intent of reconciliation.

        Proof of separate addresses for both parents. (EX: utility bills, lease agreement showing the new address and which parent is living there, ETC.)

If your parent is single or never married:

        No documentation is required to prove their status unless conflicting information is discovered. In which case our office will be in contact with you directly.

If you have any questions about the information above please feel free to contact our office and we will gladly assist you.

Proof of Citizenship

Documents are requested to verify the citizenship or non-citizenship eligibility for financial aid.

  • Acceptable documentation must be presented in original form at the financial aid office.  
  • If you cannot present the documentation in person, send an original copy of acceptable documentation to our office along with the signed certification form confirming that the document has not been altered in anyway.
  • Citizenship Document Affirmation
  • U.S. Citizen Documentation examples
    • Birth Certificate 
    • Passport
    • Certificate of Citizenship
    • Certificate of Naturalization
  • Eligible Noncitizen Documentation examples
    • Permanent Resident Card I-551
    • Resident Alien Card I-551
    • Arrival Departure Record I-94

Verification Forms for Academic Year 2024-2025

Radford University specific forms for students enrolled in classes August 2024 - July 2025. 

Please do not submit these forms to the Office of Financial Aid unless you have received an email request for a specific forms.  Submission of these forms without a request can cause processing delays for your financial aid application. 

Asset & Investment Net Worth Form (PDF)

This form is used to verify asset and investment information from the FAFSA.

Family Member Listing (PDF)
This form is used to verify the number of family members living in the household.

IRS Federal Tax Transcript (PDF)
This document will provide you with instructions on requesting an IRS Tax Transcript for verification purposes.

  • If you or your parents are unable to retreive your tax transcript then we can accept a signed copy of your 1040 tax returns. We request you send the 1st and 2nd page of the 1040 form, along with all schedules, with your hand written signature or the financial preparer's information.
  • You DO NOT need to send all 100+ pages of the entire tax return

Non-Filer Statement for Student (PDF)
(complete if student did not file taxes)

This form is used to replace tax returns for those students that did not file taxes. In the case of both the parent, and the student not having tax returns, a separate form must be filled out for each.

Non-Filer Statement for Parent (PDF)
(complete if parent did not file taxes)
This form is used to replace tax returns for those parents that did not file taxes. In the case of both the parent, and the student not having tax returns, a separate form must be filled out for each.

Parent Refusal to Complete the FAFSA Certification Form (PDF)
Use this form in the event that the parent of a dependent student refuses to fill out the FAFSA and provide financial support to the student.

Statement of Educational Purpose/Identity Verification Form (PDF) This form is to be used only by the direction of the financial aid office.  This is to verify the identity and educational purpose of individual students.